…well over the next 12 months that is the question that IPPR North will be discussing with the sector.
The Policy and Representation Partnership have chosen the 6 policy topics which will be examined and researched in year 2 of the project (From 1st July 2010). One of the hot topics which has been chosen is ‘Big Society’, IPPR North, will work with the sector to develop a North East third sector response to ’Big Society’ to try and influence the way local authorities implement this agenda.
The Other topics chosen are:
- Influencing Policy for Children and Families of (ex) Offenders in the North East – led by NEPACS
- Making ‘User-led’ Decision-making a Reality for People with Learning Disabilities Now and in the Future – led by Skills for People
- Enhancing the Role of the Third Sector in reducing Health Inequalities in the North East – led by VONNE
- Assessing the policy framework of local government on child and women’s poverty among BME communities in the North East – led by BECON
- BME VCS Public Service Delivery – led by BECON
Further information about the work of each of these policy topics will be updated regularly at http://www.vonne.org.uk/policy/partnership/policytopics/index.php?flink=800